If you’re in the happy position of designing a kitchen from the ground up, or launching a major remodel, be sure to consider some of these ideas to make your kitchen function in harmony with the way you work. Most of us don’t have unlimited room, and these options will help you make the most of your space and improve your workflow.
3. Slide-out and swing-out is all about convenience in this pantry.
4. Add an over-sized kitchen island that can provide tons of extra storage like this one.
5. Is kneading a big part of your life in the kitchen? This pullout baking station gives you a solid surface at a better level for working the dough. And it rolls back out of sight when you’re finished.
6. Here’s an idea: Save counter space by putting your knife block inside a drawer.
7. Every kitchen needs a place for trash, recycling, and possibly compost. So how do you keep the containers within reach but out of sight? This idea could work for you.
8. Here’s a way to put those hard-to-reach corner cabinets to better use. Again, slide-out is the name of the game.
9. Sometimes there isn’t enough electrical outlets where you want them. This pop-up gives you power when you need it, and then you can stow it away when you don’t.
10. And one last idea for neatly storing pots and pans close to the action, this one involving pegboard.